Monday November 12, 2018
Let us go! Let us go! Let us go outside and enjoy!
Ten ways to take your holiday spirit outside at Starkey Ranch
- Gift out-of-town family and friends with a bike ride or strolling tour showing off our wide paved trails and 150 acres of parks, wetlands and lakes. Saturday Nov 24 – 9 am
- Start a new tradition! Get the gang together for the Starkey Ranch ‘Pie-Burning’ 5K Turkey Trot. Saturday, Nov 24
- Ditch the chestnuts. Think marshmallows roasting on an open backyard bonfire for holiday cheer everyone will want s’more of
- Find a partridge in a palm tree! A hiking scavenger hunt is a fun way to track down a list of native Florida plants and trees
- Deck the halls and more with wreaths and centerpieces made from boughs, branches and foliage you find on the scavenger hunt
- Time to sparkle at a Cunningham Park tree-lighting. Nov 30, Dec 2 or Dec 8
- There’s so mulch to enjoy. Learn how to compost at the Community Garden
- Whether dashers, dancers, prancers or vixens’ furry family members will love flying around off-leash at one of our four dog parks
- Get your jingle on and join neighbors and friends for the Jingle Jog 5K on Dec 22
- May all your picnics be bright! Our parks make a perfect backdrop for delicious holiday get-togethers
Why not join up with your neighbors, family and friends and keep this list of Starkey Ranch holiday traditions going and growing? And to all, a wonderful and thankful season of joy!